We knew it would happen – the Indian Summer we had been experiencing with warm days and cool evening had to turn cold sometime. Last night the weather man predicted it and this morning he was proven correct. Snow – not much of it and it did not last long except for in the shady spots. Are you ready? A quick list of things Central Oregonians should think about for winter.
- Close the foundation vents around your home – this will keep your floors warmer protect your pipes and save you heating dollars.
- Check those seldom used windows – be sure they are closed and locked – I remember one year in February we discovered a window barely open in our spare bedroom. Wonder how many dollars we threw out that window.
- Snow tires – many of us use a different tire in the summer and winter – check the tread and get them put on for those snowy and icy days.
- Pull out the snow shovels, gloves boots and like – you never know when you might need them.
- If you use a snowblower or tractor – get it tuned up.
- Put your Winter emergency kit into your car – we always keep an extra jacket, gloves, snacks and stuff like that in the car in case we are stuck in traffic or slide off the road we have a few comforts.
- Check batteries in your smoke alarms
- Check batteries in your flash lights – throw one in your car emergency kit
We all have things we do – and Central Oregon – it is time – the snow will be here for months to come – so let’s be careful and have a safe winter season.
thanks heaps for commenting! How did you run across my page? So you live in Sunriver? That’s a pretty place for sure! 🙂 Better than La Pine lol. Seems if I’m correct, lol you do real estate. That must be interesting in this time of economic down fall! Hope you are able to have enough business!
THANKS again for posting and yur sweet comment about my pictures! Have a great day.
Thesa Chambers, Broker, ABR says
Janelle – I found your blog from a google alert I have for La Pine – I tend to read a lot of what people in La Pine write and what happens – I actually do live in La Pine